Re: web intents agent !== user agent

On 5/6/12 20:36 , Greg Billock wrote:

> What I hear you saying is something like this: there should be a
> standard way for the UA and other intent-interested apps on a device
> to register with some kind of system-wide broker such that they can
> exchange intents.
JCD: Not quite.
You define a basic web intents functionality that is fine for your use
cases, but not good enough for mine.
I want to be able to replace the web intents default implementation in
the browser with my own web-intents compliant implementation with
advanced features.
And I want my extended implementation to work across browsers, just like
a video decoder should work across browsers.
Ideally, this extended implementation could be in JS and fit in an
extension.

I have started to rewrite section 4 (the part before 4.1) to give you a
more precise idea .
Best regards
JC

--