Re: Web Intents and Home Networking Scenarios

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:06:06 -0000, Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
wrote:
> Here what we want to achieve is a 2 (or n) screens experience, where
> maybe I have a tablet, find a video, push it to the main TV screen but
> keep using the application to see additional content and maybe control
> the video being showed on the TV screen. Since this involve
> communication between 2 devices, I'm not sure this can be achieved only
> with a link (unless this is a browser feature of course, but we are
> arguing for a solution that can be handled by apps rather than
> browsers/extensions).

s/browser feature/media player/. Users need media players anyway. Using a
single device to both control playback and discover content is not exactly
a hard problem. Just have two windows, one for play/pause/etc and another
for searching for content. Links to content need not be aware of whether
the content is to be displayed in a subwindow, on another screen or
stored. If it's being played, a media player will be run. Otherwise not. A
list of interesting content does not need to contain any logic as to when
to pause video. Even if the content is interesting.

   _______________
  | * Funny cats  |
  | * srs bzns    |
  | * The truth   |