Re: Puzzled by the demos

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:
> On 2/13/2012 11:02 AM, John J Barton wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Paul Kinlan<paulkinlan@google.com>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I added Content Security Policy to the shim and a lot of the demos have
>>> stopped working in FF until I get that fixed.
>>>
>>> wrt Chrome right at this moment you need to install apps from the CWS
>>> first
>>> - Ideally this would never be the case because we can detect apps via the
>>> presence of a tag.
>>
>> I was hoping the demo would clarify the intro page:
>>
>>     Services register their intention to be able to handle an action
>> on the user's behalf.
>>
>> Where are these 'services' ? On web sites? On pages in the users
>> browser? Chrome apps? How do they get registered?
>>
>> The other question I was hoping to answer by inspecting the demo:
>>
>> What web pages / iframes are involved in the overall process?
>>

> Services are on websites, found via <intent> tags in the content body.

Sorry I must be misunderstanding.   I don't suppose client web pages
with intent-consuming requirements are going to crawl the web looking
for providers. So how do the <intent> tags on websites get to the
client web page?

> Chrome just went through some updates (hello unstable!) which may make
> things a little more confusing.
>
> In Paul's shim, he scans for intent tags,

I'm trying to make sense of this. I guess you mean: For the purpose of
the demo, Paul scans intent tags on the ... the demo page?