Re: Puzzled by the demos

The client app doesn't crawl the web, but I am maintaining an index of
intents that through the registry at http://registry.webintents.org/

When you visit a site or app that has the intent tag on the page, the UA is
supposed to popup a notification asking the user if they want to install
this application as a handler for that action (the shim just does this
silently).  Once it has been accepted, the registration for that site is
maintained and presented to the user when startActivity is called.

The examples at demos.webintents.org provide the startActivity and the
<intent> registration so to give users an example without having to go to
an external app to register the intent.

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:21 PM, John J Barton <johnjbarton@johnjbarton.com

--
Paul Kinlan