Re: intents broker == user agent ?

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 11:05:14 +0000
To: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
CC: WebIntents <public-web-intents@w3.org>, timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
On 25/11/11 08:14, Giuseppe Pascale wrote:
> The question is also (as asked by Dave and others in other threads),
> should the communication be limited to postMessage or would be
> possible to extend it to other messaging paradigms already available
> (e.g. xhr, websockets)

This is where we need to be careful to apply the principle of data
minimization, and to avoid providing an excess level of detail.  The UA
or UA extension can help by acting as a middleman avoiding the need for
the application to see all of the details.  This suggests that we may
need additional specifications to ensure this works interoperably across
different UAs.

--
Dave Raggett<dsr@w3.org>  http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett