Re: intents broker == user agent ?

From: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:10:19 +0100
To: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>, "Charles Pritchard" <chuck@jumis.com>
Cc: WebIntents <public-web-intents@w3.org>, "Greg Billock" <gbillock@google.com>
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 03:09:17 +0100, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
wrote:
> AFAIK, the primary target of Intents at this time is web services and
> the UIs those services launch support web messaging, and as such,
> channels.

This was the original target,yes. But what we (web&tv ppl & some others)
are asking here vocally is to please consider other scenarios as equally
important. One examples is talking to a device that is in your home
network (a device, not a web application). Some early thoughts on this on
the wiki [1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebIntents/Home_Discovery_and_Web_Intents

--
Giuseppe Pascale