Re: Web Intents - Suggested Deliverables (part 2)

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>wrote:

> I guess there is a need to standardize some actions otherwise I see the
> risk that some "real word actions" are implemented via different "intents
> actions".
> Of course we could start having all actions as examples and promote them
> to spec once they are mature enough.

One of our explicit goals is to have enough flexibility in the
implementation such that registries like
http://www.openintents.org/<http://www.openintents.org/en/> for
Android intents can coordinate the namespace. That said, having a document
providing a focus for an initial set of intents which we believe are
particularly well-served by the spec is important, since it can provide a
way for clients and services to converge so that users get maximum utility.