Re: Proposal to add <intent> tag to HTML

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 12:57:27 -0800
To: James Hawkins <jhawkins@google.com>
CC: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>, WebIntents <public-web-intents@w3.org>
On 12/6/11 11:36 AM, James Hawkins wrote:
> Since the current proposal requires the addition of an HTML tag, the
> proper place to discuss that addition is WhatWG; my intent was to have
> that part of the discussion happening orthogonaly to discussions about
> the rest of the API.  If we have general approval in WhatWG, that's
> one less thing we need to take care of at a later point in time.  If
> the members of this task force decide to take another route for
> registration, at least the discussion on WhatWG will at least be
> informative.

Isn't the "proper" place the public-html, public-html-a11y or associated
lists?
I've found to be the WhatWG a worth-while place to discuss, but its
member-base is limited.

There are many parties that use w3c lists and are not monitoring the
whatwg list.

I suggest taking the discussion to multiple lists.

As you are aware, you're looking at strong push-back to simply use

-Charles