Re: WADL - resource path attribute and "WADL to HTML documentation stylesheet".

The algorithm in section 2.5.1 of the spec appends a '/' character to
the parent resource/resources URI if it doesn't end with one and then
appends the value of the path. It doesn't cope with a path that
contains a leading '/'. On the one hand this seems reasonable since a
leading '/' implies an absolute path rather than a relative one but
given the semantics of the path attribute a more accommodating
algorithm might be in order. Is there a reason you want to put in a
leading '/' in path values ?

Marc.

On Aug 19, 2008, at 12:14 AM, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> I'm happy to update it if that's the intent; frankly I haven't
> thought about WADL for a few months; Mark, what's your take?
> On 04/07/2008, at 7:20 PM, Thierry Boileau wrote:
>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I've a simple question about the "path" attribute. As written in
>> the specification, this attribute provides a relative URI template,
>> wich as far as I understand can either starts with a "/" character
>> or not. Having said that, I notice that the "WADL to HTML
>> documentation stylesheet" maintained by Mark Nottingham
>> systematically appends a leading "/" character to the resource path
>> atribute. And at the same time, it takes care of the "base"
>> attribute of the "Resources" item in order to remove the ending "/"
>> character.
>> Do I miss something? Is it possible to update the stylesheet in
>> order to appends the leading "/" character of the "path" attribute
>> only when required?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Thierry Boileau
>>

> --