Re: Is it a good idea to make your WADL available?

Marc,

On 8/31/06, Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@sun.com> wrote:
> I think you should leave it up to clients to decide how they choose
> to use the information you provide. Not providing a WADL in order to
> protect clients from themselves seems a little self defeating - you
> have to provide information in some form to make your service
> useable.

And there's the rub.  In a RESTful system, that information is
contained within the data consumed by your application; forms and
links.  If you *also* put that information in a document not intended
for application consumption, then at best you've duplicated
information, and at worse you've confused your clients as to what's
authoritative.

Mark.