Re: Service description value for hypermedia?

On Jun 17, 2005, at 3:36 AM, Marc Hadley wrote:

>> By Web application you guys refer to things like
>>
>> - a Google search
>> - an Amazon purchase
>> - a ticket in a trouble ticket system
>> etc.
>>
>> yes?
>>

> Sort of. I'd say an Amazon purchase was part of the application but
> not its entirety, that would include searching, item inspection and
> all the other stuff you can do with Amazon.
>
> Marc.

Thanks, that's what I understood.

Mark (with 'k'), is that your understanding also? If so I have real
trouble following you on the expectation that people will write
libraries in various languages for each of those services (in the
general case). Especially when taking that to an EAI context where
one would have rather specialized services (==web apps) I do not see
the value of RESTFul integration anymore. Because one would have to
create all those specific libraries for all the services.

Can you clarify (for my brain at least) if that's really what you mean?

Actually, I thought you meant that people would generally create such
libraries for each *MIME type* (or schema), but then Marc picked up
on the 'web applications' language...

Thanks.

Jan