Re: Code generation or forms?

On Jun 14, 2005, at 12:01 AM, David Orchard wrote:

> The following snippet is one of the reasons why WDL uses XML Schema
> types for the request parameters, as Schema has well defined (if
> needing
> of improvement) constructs for controlling extensibility and
> versioning.

I almost wrote a reply pointing you to Dave Orchard's weblog entries.
Fortunately I took a second look at the "From:" header ;-)
I'm stunned that you, of all people, argue that XSD's extensibility
and versioning support makes it a good candidate for a description
language, since I find the measures one has to take to achieve this
almost unbearably complicated.

Stefan

--
Stefan Tilkov, stefan.tilkov@innoq.com, http://www.innoq.com
innoQ Deutschland GmbH, Halskestr. 17, D-40880 Ratingen, Germany