Re: [media-and-entertainment] Frame accurate seeking of HTML5 MediaElement

From: Chris Needham via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 14:55:31 +0000
To: public-web-and-tv@w3.org

@ingararntzen It is a different use case, but a good one nonetheless. Presumably, frame accurate time reporting would help with synchronised media playback across multiple devices, particularly where different browser engines are involved, each with a different pipeline delay. But, you say you're already achieving sub-frame rate sync in your library, based on currentTime, so maybe not?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by chrisn
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/media-and-entertainment/issues/4#issuecomment-396967419 using your GitHub account