[GGIE] Use cases and changes

From: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 08:41:22 +0100
To: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org> wrote:

> Use case template
>
>    NiloM: Suggests changes to the use case template.
>
>    <kaz> [9]Use Case wiki
>
>       [9] https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/GGIE_TF/UseCases
>
>    kaz: wiki system does have feature to track changes.
>    ... perhaps we can assign a specific author and reviewer to
>    each use case.
>
>    <inserted> [ fyi, the old use case template of the main IG had
>    fields on "submitter" and "reviewer":
>    [10]http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/New_Ideas ]
>
>      [10] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/New_Ideas
>
>    glenndeen: will think about the best way to manage updates to
>    wiki. Suggests we have a discussion on the mailing list.
>
>    kaz: maybe users can use different colors when making edits.
>
>    <NiloM> color is better than nothing. At least it would show
>    what changed.

Not sure if the built in wiki features are useful enough, but just for the
record:

- there is a "view history" section in each wiki page (reachable via a
top-right tab/button) where one can select two versions of the page an see
the changes.

- logged in people can also subscribe to changes, so each time the document
changes you get an email.

- changes can also be shared on the list with a link like this

https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/index.php?title=GGIE_TF%2FUseCases&diff=3652&oldid=3651

/g