Important: Requiring Changing W3C Passwords

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Subject: [Security] Requiring Changing W3C Passwords
To: chairs@w3.org, w3c-ac-members@w3.org

W3C has discovered unauthorized access to its user database which
included the retrieval of encrypted passwords.  Given time the attacker
can break the encryption and use those passwords.  As such W3C is
requiring all of its users to change their password.

We are initially notifying Staff, Group Chairs and Advisory Committee
Representatives before alerting the rest of our community and making a
public statement.  We will ask for your cooperation to communicate
this to your Groups and Participants sponsored by your organization.

Please go to your W3C Profile and reset the password.

https://www.w3.org/users/myprofile/edit/password

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
W3C Systems Team