Re: TPAC 2012: agenda

Hi Giuseppe,

On Oct 17, 2012, at 10:12 AM, "Giuseppe Pascale" <giuseppep@opera.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> on the wiki you can find a tentative Agenda for our F2F at TPAC
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Main_Page/TPAC_2012
>
> Note that we will follow the following approach:
>
> * we will have an intro session where we ask around the room for topics of interest and build a list of potential topics for the IG.
> The agenda already contains an initial set of topics though, based on last F2F discussion:
>
> - Social TV
> - Disaster prevention and response
> - Metadata
> - Accessibility
> - Parental Control
> - Profiling
> - Testing
> - API to access low level functionalities on TV devices

Does this potentially include discussion about access to broadcast control (Tuner API, DVB Stack), and subsequently access from the browser to broadcast data such as PAT, SI, …?

On a wider prospective there's a growing traction on TV about "second screen" (or n-screen, or <pickup your favorite buzzword>…). I'm not sure if this is something webtv needs to consider or if this is aimed to a wider group

Regards
JC Verdié