Re: TPAC 2012: agenda

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:23:11 +0200, Jean-Charles JC Verdié
<jc.verdie@mstarsemi.com> wrote:

> Hi Giuseppe,
>

> On Oct 17, 2012, at 10:12 AM, "Giuseppe Pascale" <giuseppep@opera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> on the wiki you can find a tentative Agenda for our F2F at TPAC
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Main_Page/TPAC_2012
>>
>> Note that we will follow the following approach:
>>
>> * we will have an intro session where we ask around the room for topics
>> of interest and build a list of potential topics for the IG.
>> The agenda already contains an initial set of topics though, based on
>> last F2F discussion:
>>
>> - Social TV
>> - Disaster prevention and response
>> - Metadata
>> - Accessibility
>> - Parental Control
>> - Profiling
>> - Testing
>> - API to access low level functionalities on TV devices
>
> Does this potentially include discussion about access to broadcast
> control (Tuner API, DVB Stack), and subsequently access from the browser
> to broadcast data such as PAT, SI, …?

it does. we didn't follow-up on this topic after last F2F. I would
encourage people to consider if they are interested to work on this and
what they think is missing/needed today.

> On a wider prospective there's a growing traction on TV about "second
> screen" (or n-screen, or <pickup your favorite buzzword>…).

how does this differ from what we did last hear on "home networking" and
ongoing work on service discovery and/or Web Intents in DAP?
(based on the assumption that our focus is more the technologies that can
enable 2nd screen and not on the services around them that are really up
to the market)

> I'm not sure if this is something webtv needs to consider or if this is
> aimed to a wider group

Since the IG is not writing specs, not full specs at least (but can write
proposals), is ok to discuss topics in the IG first even if eventually
they will be moved in groups that have a wider scope.

/g

> Regards
> JC Verdié

TV & Connected Devices