From: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com<mailto:watsonm@netflix.com>>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 00:10:56 -0700
To: Clarke Stevens <C.Stevens@CableLabs.com<mailto:C.Stevens@CableLabs.com>>
Cc: "juhani.huttunen@nokia.com<mailto:juhani.huttunen@nokia.com>" <juhani.huttunen@nokia.com<mailto:juhani.huttunen@nokia.com>>, Bob Lund <B.Lund@CableLabs.com<mailto:B.Lund@CableLabs.com>>, "public-web-and-tv@w3.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3.org>" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org<mailto:public-web-and-tv@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: [MEDIA_PIPELINE_TF] Common content security requirements

And finally, as presented at the Web&TV workshop, I think it's of value if we can decouple as much functionality as possible from the 'closed' DRM realm. Specifically, encryption can be dealt with in a common way (in particular, MPEG have a new standard for this) and authentication and authorization can and should be dealt with by the application, not the DRM.