Re: webtv-Issue-20: TV Querying and Control

I agree with Russell's points.
The use case can be implemented today with UPnP, yes, I have done pieces
of that, and I believe Matt's team did more.
But I wonder about Matt's intent.
Is the intent of the use case that the HNTF-chartered WG would define a
standard interface to those TV services, so that any companion device
can connect to it without knowing the make of the TV ? In other words,
that WG would define an abstract service to change the volume, change
the channel, etc... in a way that can be mapped onto UPnP services.
If so, I do not know if I support it.
Best regards
JC

--