RE: [all] [HNTF] Opera's device discovery proposal?

Dear Mr. Rich Tibbett,

The technical proposal aligns with the use case ISSUE-24 very much and meets most of its requirements, I think.

http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Discussions/LocalLink#Use_Case:_Local_Link_of_Web_Applications

Sony thinks such ad-hoc local discovery API is very powerful to expand the horizon of the web not only to home networked CE devices but also any kind of networked devices in the world. Indeed, the API would be an enabler of the ubiquitous web which can be accessed by user-agents.

I am very pleased to discuss the use cases and requirements in details regarding to the Local Network Service Messaging APIs. I also suggest you to invoke not only Web and TV IG's members and Device API WG's members but also other members in the discussion because the APIs is general enough to impact on any kind of industries.

Best Regards,

Tatsuya Igarashi (Tatsuya.Igarashi@jp.sony.com)
NS Development Dept. Technology Development Group
Sony Corporation
(Voice) +81-3-5435-3252 (Fax) +81-3-5435-3274