[HOME_NETWORK_TF] Next Telco, TF Charter and Proposal Submission

Dear all,
some updates on the TF activities.

The questionnaire is now closed and the winner is **Tuesday, 14 UTC** (10
Eastern, 16 European, 23 Japan) [1].
So we will have the first telco on Tuesday. I would propose to aim for
1.5h telco if this is fine.
I'll send call details on Monday.

Here is a rough agenda of what I would like to discuss, feel free to
suggest other topics

1. TF Charter [2] Approval, that includes
* Scope
* Deadline for deliverables
* Deliverables
* Next Telcos

2. Proposal submission process and tools
  http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF#Proposal_submission_process_.5BDRAFT.5D

3. Submission templates
  http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF#Templates
(there is no template available ATM, I'll try to create one based on
Russell and other people suggestions)

4. Open Discussions
  http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Discussions
* Clarke proposal on alternative approaches

5. Other Open discussions from the mailing list

6. AOB

/g

[1] In case I messed-up time zones, you can use this
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Charter

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 18:02:16 +0200, Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> first of all I would like to thank all the TF participants that have
> contributed comments and expressed their interest so far.
>
> In order to move forward and to be able to achieve our goals in a timely
> manner,
> I would like to give a more official and organized structure to our work.
>
> With the help of the other co-chairs, I drafted a charter for the HNTF.
> This is linked from the IG Wiki and can be found here
>   http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Home_Network_TF_Charter
>
> All participants are invited to comment on the charter so that we can
> finalize it quickly.
>
> To help synchronize discussions and move forward, we will try to setup a
> day and time for a bi-weekly teleconference call for the participants of
> the HNTF.
> You will find a questionnaire here:
>   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/46300/webtv-hntf-call/
>
> This questionnaire is open for answers until 23:59, Boston time on
> 2011-04-14.
> The goal is to hold a first call on the week of the 18 April (so before
> Easter) to discuss (and approve?) the charter and any other topic that
> is on the table.
>
> Please note that, independently of the results of this questionnaire,
> I'm not available on 21 and 22 April so the first call may end up being
> an exception to the rule, as it will be held on Monday, Tuesday, or
> Wednesday that week, even though we may decide that subsequent calls are
> scheduled on Thursday or Friday.
>
> Please not also that in order to be able to join the telco you need to
> be an official member of the IG (that also mean a W3C member) as
> explained here
>   http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/#join
>
> Exceptionally, non W3C members can join F2F/Telcos as invited experts.
> If you think there is a good reason for you to be in a call even though
> you are not a W3C member (and you don't plan to become one),
> please send a private request to me and I'll evaluate your request with
> the other co-chairs and W3C staff members.
>
> If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask.
>
> regards,
> /g

TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software - Sweden