Re: IG charter: status and schedule

Hi Yosuke,
I'm also not 100% familiar with W3C process, so I have a question for you:
do we really need 2 months to review and approve the charter, or can we
speed-up the process a little bit.
If this is not possible due to process constraints then I'm fine with the
proposed schedule.

In any case I think we can start with some preliminary work even before
the charter is finalized so that we are able to start immediately as the
charter is ready.
What do you think?

Regards,
Giuseppe

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:52:01 +0200, FUNAHASHI Yosuke
<yfuna@tomo-digi.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thank you very much for your participation in the workshop.
> I, as a member of the program committee, would like to appreciate you
> all for the fruitful discussions at the workshop.
>
> As recorded in the summary [1] and the minutes [2], Masahito Kawamori
> from NTT and myself volunteered to be the co-Chairs for the proposed
> Interest Group to discuss the workshop topics.  Also Charles
> McCathieNevile from Opera volunteered to help us generate a draft
> charter, and Kaz Ashimura from W3C helps us as the W3C staff contact.
>
> Charles kindly had already generated an initial draft for the proposed
> Interest Group and given it to Masahito and myself.  We are no
> reviewing his generated draft, and will soon provide an updated draft
> to you all.
>
> Meanwhile I would propose a possible schedule to finalize the charter
> as below.  Unfortunately, I am new in W3C and not 100% sure about the
> W3C Process, but I have checked the W3C Process document and also
> consulted with Kaz before my generating this schedule.  So I think
> this should be (somewhat) reasonable.
>
> What do you think?
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/web-on-tv/summary.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/web-on-tv/minutes.html
>
> --------
> * Schedule [Draft]
>
> October 11:
>  - Submit the IG charter draft to W3M
>
> October 15:
>  - Review by W3M finished
>
> October 16,17:
>  - Improve the charter draft according to comments from W3M
>
> October 17 - Nov 17:
>  - Review by AC Rep.
>
> Nov 17 - 30?:
>  - Improve the charter draft according to comments from AC Rep.
>
> The beginning of Dec:
>  - The IG starts
> --------
>
> Regards,