Re: [tech] Standardize Buttons For TV-Web Remotes?

Hi Giuseppe and all,

Giuseppe, as I privately sent to you 12 hours ago, I really would
suggest we ask all the TV experts subscribing this list whether we
want to include this in the scope of the IG or not *before* starting
actual technical discussion on this list itself.

I think so, because:

1. The scope of the expected TV IG (and the possible WG) is being
    discussed on this list so that we can finalize the draft charter.

2. There are various existing DTV standards which handle TV remote
    events (not only OIPF/HbbTV but also DVB, ATSC, ARIB (BML), ABNT,
    etc.).

And I think we should add this to the draft charter [a] if and only if
there is consensus on this list.  I mean unless consensus we should
not add it to the charter or discuss it on this list.  We should be
able to hold discussion on concrete technical topics including the
relationship between necessary TV control APIs/events and existing
standards.

Opinion from other (candidate) co-Chairs?

[a] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/webTVIGcharter.html

P.S.
I personally don't believe we have to add anything to the draft
charter about this, because both the Web Applications WG and other
standardization bodies are already included in the list at
"3. Dependencies and Liaisons" in the draft charter and we surely will
work with the groups and talk about possible collaboration once the TV
IG is launched.

Regards,

Kazuyuki

--
Kazuyuki Ashimura / W3C Multimodal & Voice Activity Lead
mailto: ashimura@w3.org