TWO things to read -- survey will come out tomorrow on them

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 22:21:52 -0500
To: "public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org Force" <public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org>

We have been working on both the Key Terms and the "final three"
and now is time for feedback

So look these two pages over -- and fill out the survey that will be out tomorrow.

1)  KEY TERMS section for the intro

the key terms I think are pretty far along based on our team

https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/introduction-to-wcag2ict-application-note/key-terms

2)  Proposal for the FINAL THREE success criteria

You can find these listed as Proposal 4 - at the top of the following page

https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/cross-cutting-issues-and-notes/remaining-3-scs

A draft of the  "FINAL THREE success criteria " was posted to the list earlier.
the following changes have been made in response to comments

> Gregg,
>
> I too am pleased with the direction this is going.
>
> I feel the "common block" needs some per-SC tweaking / augmenting.

Agree.  For each of the SC you will see there is a place to add extra text for each SC that goes beyond the common block.

> For example, in Bypass Blocks, I think there should be a Note detailing some of the "mechanisms" for bypassing may be in order (e.g. skipping over the previews in a set of movies in a movie trilogy, to get directly to the main menu; etc.).

Good idea.  I'm not sure the movie trilogy works -- the trailers usually are different for different parts but if they are the same -- it should be possible to skip them.  I think all trailers can be skipped though -  so sort of a no-op. (what you CAN'T skip is the FBI warning.... what a pain.  But I don't think we can say that is an accessibility issue because everyone needs to sit through that.  There is no disadvantage to having a disability (once you get used to the fact that there will always be a large silence if you are blind.) . )

Any other examples welcome.

> We also had draft text for earlier versions of Multiple Ways that clarified the ease with which that was met.  I think it is important to have that here - the "common block" doesn't address that.

I found the text and it is added to SC 2.4.5

> Finally, I would like to also note for software that we also had problems determining what was a "navigational mechanism".

That is for SC 3.2.3.  I have added text for that.  check it and improve it.