Looking at SC 2.4.2 Page Titled with "UI Context"

From: Peter Korn <peter.korn@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:44:40 -0700
To: public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org
Hi gang,

SC *2.4.2
<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/home/2-operable/24-provide-ways-to-help-users-navigate-find-content-and-determine-where-they-are/242-page-titled>*
*Page Titled *was one we reached consensus on.  However, I thought it
would be useful to look at it with the new UI Context definition, to
help evaluate that definition and where we might use it.  My thoughts on
this can be found at the Applying UI Context
<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/cross-cutting-issues-and-notes/user-interface-context/applying-ui-context>
page in the third row, but to facilitate discussion, I reiterate them here.

Looking only at software, and doing a direct definition substitution for
"web page" with the existing SC text, we get:

    [Sets of user interface elements and the presented information,
    within a product, that can be accessed using only navigation
    commands] have titles that describe topic or purpose.

If a UI Context consists of multiple windows, then the "page title" is a
title for that collection of windows?  That doesn't make sense to me.  I
think each top level frame or screen should have a title, which is what
we agreed to in our consensus text.

Thought?

Peter
--