SC-by-SC analysis of UI Context [was Re: User Interface Context]

Hi Gregg, gang,

Based on the list of SCs that mention either "web page" or "set of web
pages" at the bottom of the UI Context page
<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/cross-cutting-issues-and-notes/user-interface-context>,
I created a sub-page with a 3 column table containing: a column with the
SC text, a column with the most recent "UI Context" approach to that SC
(in some cases I created this myself as Gregg/Loic/Mike hadn't proposed
any), and a column with the consensus text / latest non-UI Context
proposal.

Please see this at Applying UI Context
<https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/cross-cutting-issues-and-notes/user-interface-context/applying-ui-context>.
In each SC row, either in the "UI context approach" cell or the
"consensus/non-UI context" cell (or both), I also started a "Comments"
section with my own observations.  In order to facilitate mailing list
discussion of them, I will send each of them separately following this
e-mail, on an SC-by-SC basis...  It would be good to add the AAA SCs as
well to this analysis, but I wanted to get this out sooner rather than
later.

Gregg, in your e-mail below you wrote that you guys did new proposals
for 2.4.6 and 3.1.2.  Neither of those mention "web page", nor did I see
anything new there.  Did you mean those SCs or other ones?

Regards,

Peter

On 7/11/2012 11:24 AM, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
> Mike and Loic and I just finished up our assignment to work  on the
>  "context of interaction" bit
>
> we have come up with a new concept which we are calling  " User
> Interface Context"
> - it is similar to the "Interaction Context"  concept but we refined
> it to address issues raised     and then we tried applying it to the
> different places that "Web Pages" is used. Some of those are "closed"
> items  and they look fine as they are -- but we felt it should work
> there none-the-less  -- and it did seem to work there).
> .
>
> For the new work on '*User Interface Context" * go to
> <https://sites.google.com/site/wcag2ict/cross-cutting-issues-and-notes/user-interface-context>
>
> On that page is a list of all the place that "Web Pages" is used.  We
> included links to make it easy for you to go there.
>

> We also did new proposals for several of the items that are still open
> including
>
> 2.4.5
> 2.4.6
> 3.1.1
> 3.1.2
>
> And I updated my proposal on a couple items to reflect the new work.
>
> 2.4.1
> 3.2.3
>
> This new definition might also help clear some of the items that are
> "accepted pending definition of "web page". etc.
>

> /Gregg/
> Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
> Director Trace R&D Center
> Professor Industrial & Systems Engineering
> and Biomedical Engineering
> University of Wisconsin-Madison
>
> Co-Director, Raising the Floor - International
> and the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure Project
> http://Raisingthefloor.org   --- http://GPII.net
>

> /Gregg/

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Peter Korn | Accessibility Principal
Phone: +1 650 5069522 <tel:+1%20650%205069522>
500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood City, CA 94065