Re: User Interface Context

From: Andi Snow-Weaver <andisnow@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:16:37 -0500
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: "Hoffman, Allen" <Allen.Hoffman@HQ.DHS.GOV>, "Bailey, Bruce" <Bailey@Access-Board.gov>, Peter Korn <peter.korn@oracle.com>, "public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org" <public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org>

AH: For example when writing this message if I hit alt I get access to an
Outlook ribbon, one of which is a tab for help.
GV:  OK - so that is part of your UI context -- which makes sense because
as I look at the page -- those are some of the controls I have immediately
available to me.  That I see and are part of the interface available to me.

however the help itself is not currently part of the UI context because I
have to hit an action key (mouseclick or spacebar or return) to get to the
help.

AS: But Help is usually non-modal so it's not a different user interface
context, right?

Andi