UI examples to aid in our discussion of (some of) the remaining SCs

From: Peter Korn <peter.korn@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 00:37:24 -0700
To: "public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org" <public-wcag2ict-tf@w3.org>
Hi gang,

On our call last Friday I mentioned that I was working on a set of
images showing examples of a variety of UI scenarios to help us figure
out the way forward on a number of our remaining SCs - specifically
those involving the "UI Context" concept.

Please find this work at

There I have linked to 10 examples helping illuminate the question of
"how many UI Contexts are present" (which works equally well to
illuminate the question "how many top-level frames are present" should
we instead go that route).  I also have linked 26 examples helping
illuminate the question of "has the UI Context changed". This latter is
particularly geared to three of our most vexing SCs: 2.4.1 Bypass Blocks
2.4.5 Multiple Ways
and 3.2.3 Consistent Navigation
Some of the proposals for those SCs involved language asserting that a
UI Context has changed (perhaps because document content changed) and so
we have a "repeated blocks" situation to bypass, or we might have a need
to require navigation consistency, etc.

Andi - if there is time at the end of our meeting agenda tomorrow, I
would be happy to give a verbal introduction to this work.

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Peter Korn | Accessibility Principal
Phone: +1 650 5069522 <tel:+1%20650%205069522>
500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood City, CA 94065