Re: RE: SC 2.4.6 wording

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:25:17 +0000
To: "Loretta Guarino Reid" <lorettaguarino@google.com>
Cc: "Slatin, John M" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>, "Sean Hayes" <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>, TeamB <public-wcag-teamb@w3.org>

Hi Loretta,

> I am concerned that it might outlaw things like tabbing through a
> table in column order rather than row order. Can anyone else think of
> situations where we would want a tab order that didn't match the
> reading order?

A table column or row wouldn't traditionally be an interactive
component. If the controller allows the user to navigate by column,
the proposed wording still works, as the columns should be visited in
in an order that is consistent with the programmatically determined
reading sequence (in this case, a columns processed in its en).

I can't think of a situation where we would want a tab order that
didn't match the reading order.

Best regards,

Gez

--