RE: RE: SC 2.4.6 wording

From: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:38:01 +0000
To: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, Loretta Guarino Reid <lorettaguarino@google.com>
CC: "Slatin, John M" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>, TeamB <public-wcag-teamb@w3.org>

Where a page is a set of mini articles; then the tab order between articles is somewhat arbitrary.

Another case is a tree structured document, a breadth first or a depth first tab order might be considered logical/reading order, depending on the content. For example a directory listing doesn't really have a unique reading order.

A list of links in a circle (e.g. Wikipedia home page) reading order might be clockwise or anticlockwise, but it would not be essential for tab order to be the same.

Sean Hayes
Standards and Policy Team
Accessible Technology Group
Microsoft