From: public-wcag-teamb-request@w3.org [mailto:public-wcag-teamb-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Gez Lemon
Sent: 28 February 2007 09:25
To: Loretta Guarino Reid
Cc: Slatin, John M; Sean Hayes; TeamB
Subject: Re: RE: SC 2.4.6 wording

Hi Loretta,

> I am concerned that it might outlaw things like tabbing through a
> table in column order rather than row order. Can anyone else think of
> situations where we would want a tab order that didn't match the
> reading order?

A table column or row wouldn't traditionally be an interactive component. If the controller allows the user to navigate by column, the proposed wording still works, as the columns should be visited in in an order that is consistent with the programmatically determined reading sequence (in this case, a columns processed in its en).

I can't think of a situation where we would want a tab order that didn't match the reading order.

Best regards,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins