Re: Comments 465, 466, 545 - Wording of Success Criterion 4.2.1, 4.2.3

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:16:50 +0100
To: "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: "Katie Haritos-Shea" <kharitos-shea@cri-solutions.com>, ryladog@earthlink.net, public-wcag-teamb@w3.org

Hi Gregg,

> GV: do not follow this.  If  I land on a page from a search  and there are
> no accessible controls on the page, and I've never been to the site before,
> how do I get to the accessible version?

This is probably easier to explain with an example. This is a URL to
an inaccessible page:

http://juicystudio.com/experiments/accessfirst/inaccessible.php

No matter how you arrive at that link, if you haven't already set your
options to say you want that version, you'll be redirected to the
accessible version. Once you opt-in for the inaccessible version, you
can visit it. This example is done with PHP, but can also be achieved
on the server with environment variables to cater for other
technologies.

Best regards,

Gez

--