    Da: "Jens Meiert"<jens.meiert@erde3.com>
    Inviato: 16/09/05 12.37.55
    A: "public-wcag-teamb@w3.org"<public-wcag-teamb@w3.org>
    Oggetto: Destination language (was: RE: minutes from today (team b))

    > Should we evalutate also the text-processing language for destination
    > link / and or suggest a technique (using of hreflang? Is it supported?)

    This is almost useless, since the language of a reference might per se be
    unclear and/or contain "several languages" (due to content negotiation, for
    example), and might always change without notice, of course. Due to the high
    probability of wrong declarations I consider it unnecessary and harmful
    work.

    We should nonetheless encourage the use of "lang"/"xml:lang" for
    translations, for example:

      <link rel="alternate" href="http://example.org/de/" title="Deutsch"
        xml:lang="de" />

    --
    Jens Meiert
    Information Architect

    http://meiert.com/

    http://uitest.com/ < Reloaded

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]