From: public-wcag-teama-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wcag-teama-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Gez Lemon
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:42 PM
To: Gregg Vanderheiden
Cc: public-wcag-teama@w3.org
Subject: Re: Team A - Please pick at 4.1 SC and write up techniques - or at
least notes

Hi Gregg,

On 07/02/06, Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu> wrote:
>  If you can - pick a 4.1 SC and put any notes you can in for the
techniques.

I've added a note to the page "DOM generated is formed differently in
different user agents" [1].

There are two items in 4.1.1 [2] that I think might be misleading:

 Parsing HTML unambiguously
* Ensuring that unique ids are specified AND that opening and closing tags
of all elements can be parsed unambiguously.

Parsing XML-based content unambiguously
* Ensuring that the delivery unit is well-formed AND that unique ids are
specified.

They read as though content can only be parsed unambiguous if id attributes
are used, which, of course, isn't a requirement. I think they should read,
"all id attribute values are unique for the document". I know the preferred
language is delivery unit, but there could be a collection of delivery units
and the id attribute values would need to be unique across all delivery
units. Maybe someone familiar with the language could word it better.

Apologies for this evening's meeting -  won't be back in time from work. If
I can get some time together, I'll try and add some more notes to the Wiki.

[1]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=DOM_generated_is_formed_diff
erently_in_different_user_agents_depending_on_parsing_algorithms
[2]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Meet_Success_Criterio
n_4.1.1

Best regards,