Re: CfP Accessible Way-Finding using Web Technologies Comments

Hi everyone, so my comments for this CfP.

In general I like it - new title is good (Accessible Way-Finding using Web Technologies)

Invitation, Introduction, Background, Dates, Submission, Review, Copyright, Chairs, SC all
look fine to me.

The only thing I think needs some changes are the 'Scope and Reseach Questions'. First I
don't like to exclude just in case we get something good; indeed, the CfP is supposed to
give a favour of what we're looking for and a loose scope IMO. So I don't like:

NOTE: The scope of the symposium does NOT include:
Discussions about new indoor and outdoor positioning technologies in general
Discussions about the effectiveness, precision or interoperability of positioning and
navigation systems in general.
Discussions about dynamic information integration in way-finding and navigation systems
that does not relate to accessibility.

Next when I look back at all the other Symposia at http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/

They don't have a big 'Scope and Reseach Questions' section but have a tight 'objectives'
section which starts:

'The objectives of this symposium are to' then there are probably the between 8-10 statements.

for example
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2013/e-learning/#objectives

I think if we could really thing about what the objectives are we would be able to do this
pretty fast.

In fact some (most) already exist for instance from the current call

'Are current way-finding systems accessible for people with disabilities? What are the
main challenges and can web technologies help to address them?'

could be re-written as

Uncover the main challenges of accessible way-finding so as to understand how web
technologies can help address them?

so we might have our first

The objectives of this symposium are to:
 * Uncover the main challenges of accessible way-finding so as to understand how web
technologies can help address them?

Just my thoughts!

Cheers
Si.