Antw: Re: comments on Mobile Accessibility call

From: Klaus Miesenberger <Klaus.Miesenberger@jku.at>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:56:02 +0100
To: "Joshue O Connor" <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>, "Shawn Henry" <shawn@w3.org>
Cc: "Peter Thiessen" <peterdev001@gmail.com>, "Simon Harper" <Simon.Harper@manchester.ac.uk>, "Yeliz Yesilada" <yyeliz@metu.edu.tr>,"RDWG" <public-wai-rd@w3.org>
I agree to that and like it - perhaps also web content and apps is also to narrow as "app" has a specific meaing today. Perhaps adding "web systems".

Klaus

Shawn Henry wrote:
> I also think it would be good to have a short, strong, clear
> introduction for the main page (which we will also use for the
> announcements). There is some text in the beginning of
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Mobile_Accessibility_Call that I suggest
> be refined to be cleaner and included in the main page.

I agree. The intro paragraph focusses on "Web pages". Isn't it a case
that the current mobile web goes beyond this into Web apps, bespoke Apps
(whether Android or IOS) and so on. Also they are used for mail, games -
anyway.

How about:

"The current explosion in Mobile device use to access to a broad range
of web content, and apps has resulted in the Mobile Web being not only
as a secondary means of accessing the web in conjunction with a laptop
or desktop machine but in some countries - the main platform."

or similar.

HTH

Josh