alternative teleconferencing service for the symposia

From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:52:02 +0200
To: RDWG <public-wai-rd@w3.org>
Dear RDWG,

We previously agreed to look around for other teleconferencing service
for the symposia, as we can only get limited number of lines for Zakim
and these are regularly fully booked within less than 24 hours.

I've done some research and identified several candidate services but
currently this service seems to be the most promising:
  - <http://www.freeconferencecalling.com/>

Apparently many of these services work by re-routing the calls through
specific providers and getting a share from that but there should be no
additional direct or indirect costs (or ads) for the callers.

Some reviews talk about occasional reduced audio quality (which may be
related to the re-routing) and that some providers (especially online
providers like Google Voice) sometimes block some of these services.

Anyone have experiences with these? Other thoughts or considerations?

Otherwise I would suggest to have one of the coming RDWG meetings using
this service to try it out before we use it for a public symposium...

Regards,
   Shadi