From: public-wai-evaltf-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wai-evaltf-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Denis Boudreau
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 5:59 PM
To: Léonie Watson
Cc: Shadi Abou-Zahra; public-wai-rd@w3.org; Eval TF
Subject: Re: Accessibility evaluation methodology

Hi all,

We face the same situation Léonie faces at Nomensa. Maybe it would be a good
opportunity to work together and come up with something that would represent
how we run our evaluations. I'm pretty sure it would be very similar.

Léonie and I have been talking about this for a while, maybe this is a good
opportunity to do so. Others could want to jump in as well...

/Denis

On 2011-10-21, at 3:44 AM, Léonie Watson wrote:

> 	No, it isn't documented publicly. It's probably fairly typical of
the methodology used by agencies to carry out accessibility evaluations, but
it isn't formalised in a central place as far as I know.

> Regards,
> Léonie.
>
> --
> Nomensa - humanising technology
>
> Léonie Watson, Director of Accessibility & Web Development
>
> tel: +44 (0)117 929 7333

rather existing, publicly documented methodologies to learn from.

> I will clarify the wiki page accordingly.
>
> Thanks,
>   Shadi
>

> On 20.10.2011 12:26, Léonie Watson wrote:
>> Good morning,

accessibility evaluation methodologies:

>> 	Nomensa manually evaluates a representative sample of pages against
the full set of WCAG success criteria, and uses automated tools to evaluate
a large sample of pages against a subset of WCAG success criteria. We also
carry out an holistic evaluation of the site from the perspective of people
with different disabilities/assistive technology requirements.