W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wai-rd@w3.org > February 2003

RDIG February 10 Telecon Summary

From: Markku T. Hakkinen <hakkinen@dinf.ne.jp>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:21:27 -0500
To: Public-Wai-Rd <public-wai-rd@w3.org>
Message-id: <DNEPLEBLKMGBNKKGDDFKKEPCCEAA.hakkinen@dinf.ne.jp>

Present:
Mark Hakkinen
Bill LaPlant
Wendy Chisholm
Doyle Saylor
Marja-Riitta Koivunen
Hazel Kennedy
Gregg Vanderheiden

Regrets:
Guadalupe Muñoz Martín

Agenda:
1. Discuss new timeline/process
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2003Feb/0007.html

2. Use Cases for collaboration
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2003Feb/0008.html

3. Discuss Call for Presenters

4. Discussion Questions

Summary:

1. Timeline

The new timeline and process was discussed and agreed to by the telecon
participants.

2. Use Cases for Collaboration

The chair's proposed use case was discussed and evolved into a discussion on
tools and technologies for collaboration. Marja proposed the MIT team
meatings as model for another use case. Gregg described a bit more of the
scientific workstation and data visualization.  We discussed Zakim and how
it might be used and extended to provide accessible collaboration.  Doyle
raised the importance of focus in allowing users to follow activities in the
collaboration process.

Action: Marja to provide more information and use case starter based on MIT
environment. Also explore Ralph Zwick as a potential presenter on Zakim.

Action: To All... More use case examples

3. Discuss Call for Presenters

Wendy read a draft of her call for presenters. Accepted as good first draft
and will be sent to the list for further discussion.

Discussed model of 2 to 3 presenters, each talking for about 10-15 minutes.
Presentation materials submitted in advance to the list.

Wendy indicates that we need to discuss call for presenters idea with Judy.

Action: Wendy to send draft call to list and to discuss call with Judy.

4. Discussion Questions

Very brief discussion. Some candidate discussion questions should include
how focus/location is handled in collaboration systems, how multiple
modalities for input and presentation are handled, interaction between
document sharing and teleconference (including change history).

Call ends.
Received on Monday, 17 February 2003 15:22:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:18:36 GMT