Re: Perfomance score per instance

Thank you for your input Matthieu, it is an open discussion.

The issue is really what does the "per instance" score really mean? In
the example you provided you seem to only count the instances that the
tool can identify. In best case these are the automatable ones. Seeing
this as a performance score could be yet more misleading. For example, a
performance score of "90%" could be very far away from any reality given
that it actually only reflects the automatable instances that a
particular tool was able to identify. While there are researches that
indicate a potential correlation between such scores and actual level of
accessibility (which is why we proposed this score at all), to my
knowledge we do not have definitive evidence at this point in time.

Besides the fact that this score leverages the data from an automated
tool, how do you see the score being used in practice? Do the users of
your tool implementation really understand what the score represents?

Best,
   Shadi