Step 1.e: Define the Techniques to be used

From: Alistair Garrison <alistair.j.garrison@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 10:48:41 +0200
To: Eval TF <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
Dear All,

"Step 1.e: Define the Techniques to be used" - could we consider making this step non-optional?

The first reason being that we really need to check their implementation of the techniques (W3C, their own code of best practice or whatever) they say they use.

For example:

- Case 1) If they have done something by using technique A, and we evaluate using technique B there could be an issue (they might fail B);
- Case 2) If they have done something by using technique A, and we evaluate using technique A and B there still could be an issue (they might fail B);
- Case 3) If they have done something by using technique A, and we evaluate using technique A - it seems to work.

The second reason being that testing seems only to be really replicable if we know what the techniques were they said they implemented - otherwise, two different teams could easily get two different results based on the cases above.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Very best regards

Alistair