Re: Aspects of an evaluator

Alistair,

If I am the only person involved in creating my own, fair sized website
(too large to feasibly evaluate every single page, being as it is
programmatically generated, etc. etc.), then "self-assessment" means
that I am also the assessor.  I cannot be an ISO 9001:2000 compliant
internal auditor.

Separate from that example, I don't understand why EvalTF should be
concerning itself with ISO 900x in any way.  Looking again at the
Objective portion of the Work Statement
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2011/eval/eval-ws#objectives>, our mandate is
for a technical task (as I understand it): how to select a
representative sample of a site, how to aggregate results into an
overall conformance statement, etc.

The question of the independence/inter-dependence of an evaluator from
the site being evaluated is outside of the scope of our charter.

Peter

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>