Re: Aspects of an evaluator

Alistair,

It wasn't clear to me that this was the outcome of our meeting.

Reviewing the EvalTF Work Statement
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2011/eval/eval-ws>, the first sentence of the
Objective reads (*/emphasis added/*): "objective of Eval TF is to
develop an internationally harmonized methodology for evaluating the
conformance of websites to WCAG 2.0,/*that supports different contexts,
such as for self-assessment or third-party evaluation*/ of small or
larger websites".

If the methodology is to support self-assessment, then it cannot define
the evaluator as be different from the
developer/maintainer/accessibility-expert for the site.

Regards,

Peter

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>