Re: Templates and use cases

Hi Detlev,

To my mind there is true value in having evaluators having access to the templates.

Lets say that your first move when evaluating is to quickly evaluate and repair the templates - correcting alt missing type issues, etc... and then having them put back into the live site.

By doing this simple move, when you come to run your automated tools over the site - instead of picking up ever page due to the recurring errors in templates you only pick up those pages which have other errors...

Hopefully making the whole process smarter and more efficient...

Otherwise, I'd mirror what Elle said.  I think we need to work 'smart' - by utilising information that already exists and by drawing on the knowledge of the evaluation commissioners.

It is important to recognise that we do not need to turn over every stone during an evaluation... Really, just enough to conclusively show if success criteria have been failed.

I'd be super happy if the evaluation commissioner provided a full site map (in the sitemap.xml protocol), use cases for all major functions and empty templates for all page types - just by doing this they would save me so much time and effort...

Hope this helps

Alistair