RE: Comments on Target Audience - websites and web content

Very good work!
Will add it to the terminology section.

Eric Velleman

Van: public-wai-evaltf-request@w3.org [public-wai-evaltf-request@w3.org] namens Katie Haritos-Shea [ryladog@earthlink.net]
Verzonden: donderdag 22 september 2011 18:29
Aan: Michael S Elledge
CC: public-wai-evaltf@w3.org
Onderwerp: Re: Comments on Target Audience - websites and web content

Definitely!

The relevant definitions from WCAG 2.0 are 1 "web pages" and 2 "content (web content)" which I have included here below.

1. Web page
a non-embedded resource obtained from a single URI using HTTP plus any other resources that are used in the rendering or intended to be rendered together with it by a user agent

Note 1: Although any "other resources" would be rendered together with the primary resource, they would not necessarily be rendered simultaneously with each other.

Note 2: For the purposes of conformance with these guidelines, a resource must be "non-embedded" within the scope of conformance to be considered a Web page.

Example 1: A Web resource including all embedded images and media.

Example 2: A Web mail program built using Asynchronous JavaScript and XML (AJAX). The program lives entirely at http://example.com/mail, but includes an inbox, a contacts area and a calendar. Links or buttons are provided that cause the inbox, contacts, or calendar to display, but do not change the URI of the page as a whole.

Example 3: A customizable portal site, where users can choose content to display from a set of different content modules.

Example 4: When you enter "http://shopping.example.com/" in your browser, you enter a movie-like interactive shopping environment where you visually move around in a store dragging products off of the shelves around you and into a visual shopping cart in front of you. Clicking on a product causes it to be demonstrated with a specification sheet floating alongside. This might be a single-page Web site or just one page within a Web site.

2. content (Web content)
Information and sensory experience to be communicated to the user by means of a user agent, including code or markup that defines the content's structure, presentation, and interactions