Re: foaf:Document

From: Michael A Squillace <masquill@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 08:20:50 -0500
To: "ERT WG " <public-wai-ert@w3.org>
+1

--> Mike Squillace
IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center

W:512.286.8694
M:512.970.0066

External: http://www.ibm.com/able
Internal: http://w3.ibm.com/able

Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org>
Sent by: public-wai-ert-request@w3.org
06/02/2009 05:52 AM

ERT WG <public-wai-ert@w3.org>
cc

Subject
foaf:Document

Hi group,

Ref: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_Document>

This is to confirm that FOAF spec uses the broader sense of the term
"Document" to mean both physical as well as electronic manifestations.

We could clarify which of the two we mean in section 2.3 TestSubject
Class of the EARL 1.0 Schema [1], by using the following description:

- foaf:Document:
  * Document - the test subject is an electronic document, such as an
HTML or image file, as defined by [FOAF].

[1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-EARL10-Schema-20090428/#TestSubject>

This would clarify the scope in the context of using this term in EARL
reports, and would therefore resolve the comment by CTIC [2].

[2] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2009May/0023>

Thoughts?

Regards,
   Shadi