Re: maximum cardinality on assertion properties

Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
> Johannes Koch wrote:
>> This reminds me of the RDF container concepts (Bag, Seq, Alt). Does
>> proposal 2 also allow having one subject property with a bag
>> referencing several test subjects?
>
> According to the way the schema is currently formulated, I think this
> implies changing earl:TestSubject to an rdf:Container (or creating a new
> earl:TestSubjects class to contain any number of earl:TestSubject
> individuals).

This I doubt, but I'm not an expert in RDF.

> Not sure what the benefits would be.

AFAIK, using a single property with an rdf:Bag means grouping, whereas
using multiple properties means ANDing. There seams to be a slight
difference.

Although asked in the context of earl:subject, this could be a general
question.

E.g. the UAProf specs
(<http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/profiles/uaprof/ccppschema-20030226>)
explicitly define some properties to have a Bag or Seq object.

   <rdf:Description rdf:ID='InputCharSet'>
     <rdfs:comment xml:lang='en'>
text entry. Property's value is a list of character sets, where each
item in the list is a character set name, as registered with IANA.
       Examples: "US-ASCII", "ISO-8859-1", "Shift_JIS"
     </rdfs:comment>
     <rdfs:label xml:lang='en'>InputCharSet</rdfs:label>
     <rdf:type rdf:resource='&ns-rdf;Property'/>
     <rdfs:domain rdf:resource='#HardwarePlatform'/>
     <rdfs:range rdf:resource='&prf-dt;Literal'/>
     <rdfs:range rdf:resource='&ns-rdf;Bag'/>
     <prf:ResolutionRule
rdf:datatype='&prf-dt;ResolutionRule'>Append</prf:ResolutionRule>
   </rdf:Description>
--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)