Re: validity levels

From: Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:45:54 +0200
To: public-wai-ert@w3.org

Charles McCathieNevile schrieb:
> The point is that warnings are used with such a total lack of
> interoperability in terms of a validity level

IMHO compilation is basically a black/white (fail/pass) thing like SGML
validation. If there are compilation errors, it's a fail. Otherwise it's
a pass. Having no errors but warnings is still a pass, but a special
kind of pass.

> that making an instance
> class called warning is a bad idea unless we want to bring that level of
> non-interoperability into EARL results.

ACK
--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)