Re: Accessibility Tests For Stanca Act

At 11:10 30/03/2006, Johannes Koch wrote:

>Christophe Strobbe wrote:

>>>It's not that surprising, it's effectively also a requirement for
>>>WCAG 1.0 "AA" compliance (checkpoints 3.2 and 11.2).
>>
>>Hmm. I don't see the word "strict" in those success criteria.
>>For conformance to WCAG 1.0 you can still use the transitional DTDs
>>and avoid their deprecated features.
>
>Well, yes. But why do you reference a transitional document type when you
>use only markup from the strict one?

- Legacy data;
- clean up deprecated markup without touching doctype (for whatever reason,
e.g. save some time to fix more important things);
- allow adding deprecated attributes by means of JavaScript (so document is
still valid with transitional DTD but not with a strict one);
- most importantly, "avoid" in WCAG 1.0 is a guideline for developers, not
a prohibition regarding markup (unlike WCAG 2.0, WCAG 1.0 does not have
success criteria for content, but only guidelines, i.e. advice, to developers);
- other reasons?

Regards,

Christophe

--