Re: updated sortable tools list

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:32:47 +0200, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

> Ref: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tools/search>
>
> Incorporates most of the discussed changes, please let me know any
> comments or feedback.

Is this meant to replace the advanced search, the basic search, or be a
third version?

Anyway,

"Note: This document is a draft and should not be referenced or quoted
under any circumstances. This document is under development by the
Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG) and Evaluation and Repair
Tools Working Group (ERT WG), and will be offered to other W3C groups and
the public for review."

strikes me as a lot of wasted space.

  "This is a draft in development" might be appropriate - the stuff about
not quoting or referencing is just rubbish (since you referenced it
already, among other things ;-) and the rest can go in the footer.

The introduction could be trimmed, too - I don't see any value in the link
to the EO document except in the basic page, and I think it should be
below the search interface, not above. The information on adding tools
should, IMHO, be at the bottom, or just a link on its own, not in the text.

Having languages listed in their own name (français, 日本語, etc) seems to
be more appropriate.

looking at http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tools/filters (more options) it would
be good to include web-based service among operating systems.

cheers

Charles McCathieNevile                      chaals@opera.com
         Web dreams are free:   http://www.opera.com/download