TCDL (was: Re: Updated Agenda for F2F)

Hi Shadi and others,

At 12:08 14/10/2005, Carlos A Velasco wrote:

>Hi Shadi,
>
>Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
>>Hi Carlos,
>>Since the work is not yet public, are you thinking more of a coordination
>>discussion? Hearing about your work on the TCDL would be very interesting
>>for the current ERT WG work.
>
>I was thinking not only of a coordination discussion (which is also
>important for us), but also presenting the results. The fact they are not
>public yet is only because we had to go through several changes to the
>Schema in our last project meeting at the end of September (as Christophe
>knows ;-) ).

The TCDL schema underwent two types of changes:
1. the addition of a few metadata elements that are listed in the QA WG
Note on Test Metadata
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/NOTE-test-metadata-20050914/) and which were not
in the first version of TCDL, except 'contributor' and 'grouping';
2. the refinement of the description of test scenarios for end user evaluation.
The second type of change goes beyond 'traditional' test case metadata (I
think); the definition of test scenarios (with Yes/No questions, Likert
scales, open-ended questions etc) is also strictly optional.

>The work is going to be in the public domain, and we could give you a
>sneak-preview ;-)

We will get some serious implementation experience with the TCDL schema in
the coming weeks/months. I think it's important to see how it stands up
before we sign off on it.

>regards,
>carlos
>PS: Disclaimer: TCDL is not RDF-based ;-)

For BenToWeb, this has several advantages:
- it's easier to describe test scenarios in XML than in RDF;
- we can provide non-technical people in the project with a TCDL editor
that is much more user-friendly than any RDF editor that I've seen so far.

Regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--
Christophe Strobbe